1. The Mirror of Erised doesn’t show a reflection of you at the moment, but of you and what your heart most desires. If you gazed into it today, what image would you see?
I'd be with the Man, and he would still love me. Sorry; I wish I could truthfully say anything else. I tried on the vision of me and an Unspecified Someone whom I loved and who loved me, but the Man's face kept sneaking into the picture.
2. A howler is a blood-red letter sent to signify extreme anger or to convey a message very loudly and publicly. When it is opened, the sender’s voice, which has been magically magnified to a deafening volume, bellows a message at the recipient and then self-destructs. If it is not opened or there is a delay in opening it, the letter smolders, explodes violently, and shouts the message out even louder than normal. If you were to receive one today, who would most likely be the sender?
I don't think anyone's *that* mad at me, and I hope no one ever has been, but I'm going to choose my daughter-in-law. Number Two Son and spouse are (as I may have mentioned) currently dwelling here, and I can see that I get on her nerves big time, though she evidently doesn't feel free to tell me. The pent-up resentment is, at times, palpable.
(Or am I projecting ...?)
3. What model vehicle would be great to turn into a flying car?
A DeLorean already has wings, so maybe that? To be honest, though, to me a flying car is and always will be a "Jetsons"-style bubble-topped saucer. It's what we were promised in my '60s childhood, and on that score the 21st C. has been a bit of a disappointment.
4. What item in your house could use a dose of magic, and what extraordinary quality would you like to imbue it with?
I wish my fridge could have "TARDIS" qualities (and yes, I know that's sort of sci-fi, but any sci-fi science that's sufficiently unimaginable in terms of ordinary science is indistinguishable from fantasy, right?). The thing is, we're limited in kitchen space and can't afford a complete remodel, so my ideal fridge would have to fit in our relatively narrow space and then be bigger on the inside than on the outside.
5. Among people you know, who is most likely [to be] secretly born with magical ability?
I have two friends who can both play any musical instrument they try. That's a kind of magic I wish I possessed.